Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Great practice, great weigh-in

The initial verdict: IT WORKS! 

It has only been 24 hours since I devised my new eating plan, but I already feel really good about it. Yesterday I added my practice/exercise calories into MFP in the afternoon so I would know what my food goal was. It felt like I ate A LOT - and most would not fall into the "healthy" category, but a calorie is a calorie in my book - and I stayed within my range and ate all of my calories before I left for practice at 6pm.

Sometimes I get worried that if I eat too much before practice, I will feel bogged down or get queasy. Unfortunately I think that this has led me to eat way too little before practice and get sick from not enough food energy way too often. Yesterday I was careful to stretch out what I ate and didn't eat a lot of anything at any one time. I also left about an hour between the last thing I ate, and practice.

So how did I feel? Great! I didn't feel laggy or worn down. I had energy the whole practice and didn't even flinch when I got sent in as a jammer on the last jam of the night after an hour of practice beforehand. I was the first out of the pack, scored 10+ points, and didn't even collapse when I came off the track. I call that success.

The icing on the cake was when I got up this morning I weighed 2 pounds less than yesterday morning! And ok, it's important to note that I had "gained" 2 pounds during this whole plateau situation, but the fact that it's gone, overnight, from eating more is A-OK as far as I am concerned.

For those of you who want the breakdown calorie-wise:

My regular food goal with no exercise is 1450 calories.
My estimated exercise expenditure was 538 calories.
The actual number of calories consumed was 1902 calories.
My net calories (food - exercise) aka the only calories that count was 1364.

And I got to eat ALL THAT FOOD!

Thus far, I am sold. More updates to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment