Friday, April 6, 2012

Body vs. Mind

The scale has confirmed, every day, that I have lost weight and that I continue to lose weight. My brain however, is in denial. My brain refuses to believe that my arms must be getting smaller even though my elbow pads are slipping off. Even though my legs don't have a muffin top above my knee pads anymore. Even though the skirt I bought 2 weeks ago was really snug and now fits comfortably.

My body has this "comfortable fat zone" that has been the low end of my weight for a long time. I've dipped below that number a few times, but typically only for a day or two before I bounce back up again. (Note: The one exception would be when I was 25 and looking to get away from my ex and basically starved myself about 20lbs below the "comfortable fat zone" only to gain it back 6 months later - and some.)  I would say the number of times that I have hit that weight, bounced up, back down, up.. has to be somewhere in the 1000 range.

This time I have stayed below that mark for a full week - and I know this doesn't sound like much, but for me it's huge! It's huge because I am doing it the right way. I feel good about myself and motivated. I know that if I keep sticking to what I am doing, it will keep working. I'm proud of what I have achieved and that makes the long road ahead much less daunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment