Monday, May 14, 2012

Awesome Alla Time

Have I told you lately that I love my team? No seriously... I really, really love these women. Sure, sometimes I might want to choke one or two of them and they probably want to choke me too, but that's the way it works with family, right?

Saturday afternoon we showed up at the DC Armory after weeks of grueling practices, strategy sessions, and team cohesion get-togethers, ready to play. We never expected it to be easy; we knew we were going to have to work hard jam after jam and play our game - always proactive and never reactive.

It all paid off when at the end of the bout the scoreboard read Scare Force One 229 to Cherry Blossom Bombshells 102.

Now that Championships are over and life is calming a little, I'll be back to my regular posting schedule. For now though I will be basking in victory and cuddling our trophy.

Why we gotta be so awesome alla time? ~ Helena Handbag, Scare Force One, DC Rollergirls


Scare Force One, Season 6 DCRG Champions

No comments:

Post a Comment