Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roadblock

Right now my mind is waging a dangerous war on itself. On one side, there is Optimistic Losing Weight Me and on the other, Fat Negative Me. Fat Negative Me is one loud-mouthed bitch and all she does is run her mouth about how I will never sustain this weight loss. It's been too easy! I'm going to gain it all back!

Sadly, Optimistic Losing Weight me isn't much of a shit-talker. Frankly, she's a pussy. She's in the corner, doe-eyed, looking scared. She tries to be confident, but you can tell that she is wondering if it's all going to be short-lived too.

I have a bad habit of starting things I don't finish or being relatively good at something in the beginning and not seeing it through because, hey I already proved I can do it if I really want to. Right now, I'm standing at at that fork again. I have every intention of finishing this journey, but damn if I'm not scared I will screw it up again.

As they say in Alcoholics Anonymous, one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment